Jesus Feeding the 5000+

 I wanted to share with you guys some thoughts I had as I read in the Come Follow Me manual this morning about the miracle of feeding the 5000. When I read in Matthew 14:16 "But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat" my gut reaction was to feel overwhelmed, like when I think about all the people in our ward who need rides to church and how few people seem to be willing to take them. Or when I think about all the sisters in our ward with real struggles and needs who need love and support and dedicated ministering sisters but also think of the load that each sister already carries and how it's hard to ask ministering sisters to do more. I think the apostles may have had similar feelings. In John 6:9 one of the apostles tells Jesus:  There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many? I'm sure we can all relate to that. I often feel like I have so little to offer and the needs are so great. But Christ made those 5 loaves and 2 fishes MORE than enough to feed all the multitude. I know that whatever we have to give, he will make it more than enough! We don't need to apologize that we don't have more to give, just offer it with faith and watch the Lord work miracles with it. I love this story and the comfort it gives me.

1 comment:

  1. I love this story for the same reason and know from my (almost) 73 years of experience on this earth that what you said is absolutely true! Christ multiplies and magnifies our efforts in a wonderful way to not only take what we have to offer to bless others, but to bless our own lives, too. I love Him, I love His work, I love to try to be an instrument in His hands.

    ReplyDelete